February 1, 2009

Next steps

Well, now I have to clear my head, and get back on track.
If you think that I am perfect, you had better think again.
I fell off the wagon the past month or so. I stopped eating properly thinking that the stomach surgery would take care of me. Well, it did, but not the way I wanted. I wanted it to do all the work, and I got lazy.
Now, I have to get it right. Fortunately, my "pouch" only allows me to eat so much before it stops me. But, what I put in the pouch is more important than how much.
So, I only lost 10 pounds between my last official weigh in and last week. I should have lost another 12 pounds on top of that.
This time, I know what I did wrong, and I can fix it.
When I lost weight before, I would look at this time as the end of my diet plan, and would have to find another excuse.
Now, I have a team to straighten me out.
I have reviewed my diet sheets, and taken some hard advice from Dr. Brader.
I am walking outside when I can, and working the treadmill and total gym inside when I can't get outside.
It's supposed to snow Monday night into Tuesday, so I will have time to do some things here in the house. That will work well towards my "between the ears" recovery. Getting the house cleaned up and some projects finished always makes me feel good.
At Thursday's meeting, we will hand out little pieces of paper with my name and blog site listed. If you know of anyone who is a Bariatric patient, or someone who could use some tips on how to lose weight the right way, send them my way.
I hope this site helps more people every day.
Now, you know I am not perfect. I am pretty close, but not quite......

No comments: