June 6, 2009

This month's meeting, after rambling

I have been reading other's blogs, and not writing too much coherent stuff on mine.
I have been moving into a new area in my mindset, and that involves more activity and less idle time.
Next week, I finish driving my school bus.
Over the summer...
  • I will finish cleaning out my basement. This includes numerous trips up the stairs with "stuff". Big, little, round, square, and odd shaped "stuff".
  • I will re-box everything down there and store them on the shelves, rather than have them all over the floor.
  • I will string up a clothes line of sorts so we can go back to hanging wet clothes instead of using the dryer. Lord Obama doesn't like us to be comfortable.
  • I will buy a 5 gallon bucket of white paint and distribute it on all of the walls down there in order to brighten it up a bit. The last time it had a fresh coat of paint was probably the mid 80's.
  • I also have one bedroom, the kitchen, and bathroom to paint, but I may not do that until the fall.
  • I plan to walk the rail trail as much as I can, as well as ride my bike there too. I may try my hand (feet?) at jogging too.
  • I want to kayak, and may be able to rent one to go to the river. I will try hard not to drown.
  • I am going to Hershey Park. I really wanted to buy a season pass so I could go there once a week, But Lord Obama said "we need more of your money so we can pay off the rich bankers", so I won't be doing that.
  • I am going to take at least one long ride on my Helix. I want to go back to my home town and just spend the day riding around. Levittown is a fun place to ride.
I do need a new computer. This one has numbers missing. It is slower than I'd like it to be, and it still has windows on it.
I would like to get another computer and use this one for experimenting with Ubuntu. I would also like to get a DJ music dedicated Apple laptop, but I will be broke long before that happens.
So, I get up early, and work late, and feel good.
I went to the meeting for the support group Thursday night and it was very informative.
They had a plastic surgeon explaining all the gory details to body contouring with the knife.
I have to admit that I don't like the bat wings forming under my arms, or the extra left over stretched out skin on my belly, but I have real reservations about getting it all cut off. I may change my mind, but right now, I am not going to consider it.
It seems they have made progress with the surgery, but they still leave scars.
I believe they will soon figure out how to do it without scars. After all, my gastric bypass didn't leave anything except for a few red spots, and they look just fine.
There is also the matter of cost. No insurance here, unless the extra skin is life threatening. I can't blame them for not paying.
A lot of the stuff they do can now be done outpatient. That's good.
I think I will live with my reminders, so I don't ever think about gaining weight ever again.
Next month's meeting will be held in the Doctor's new facility, which is supposed to have a real workout room, along with a large area for meetings. I look forward to it since it is only about 4 miles from my house and doesn't involve driving into the city. Did I tell you I hate cities?

No comments: