August 26, 2009

Prayer and meditation

I do one, but can't do the other.

I have been working out for three weeks now. I am making progress, as I expected. The problem, is that things at home are becoming much more difficult too.
I have so many things to do that are just so much busy work that my mind is racing, and I'm not sleeping well.
I must be eating more too because my weight has gone up a few pounds. It could be water because I am drinking a lot with the heat and exercise.
I covered two miles this morning as well as doing about a half dozen upper body exercises. I hadn't slept since 2am so I was/am tired.
I vacuumed after I got back from my school bus job. I had to learn my new route and try out the new bus. I was on the road for about two hours.
I am happy to have a full size bus because that means I am back on the payroll and don't have to worry about lack of money.
So now, it's 85 and humid and I'm going to go out and push the lawn mower.
I need to play my guitar too, but I will be too tired when I finish. I will probably take a nap.
So, I think I've proven that extra exercise doesn't help my mental state. I feel like I'm on the world's fastest roller coaster........zoom!

2 comments:

Larraine said...

It's probably all the water you are drinking that is making you gain a few pounds. However, I understand after that first year anniversary, you really have to be careful. Good for you for working out.

Lee said...

Yeah, it probably is, Larraine. I'm not worried. I haven't deviated from my diet, and should be back to my weightloss when the body is ready.
I overdid it today, with a workout, 3 hours of bus driving, and cutting the lawn, not to mention all the other little things like vacuuming, and the wash.
I should sleep good tonight because I sure didn't last night.