November 20, 2009

A little something different

I have been buying an extra large cup of decaf coffee from Dunkin Donuts for as long as I can remember. I do this as a treat to myself.
2 sweet and lows
usually skim milk, but sometimes I forget and get cream.
Rarely do i have it black.
Most of the time, I have them add a mocha swirl. This is not part of the diet, but I do it anyway. It has sugar in it. I don't have nay reaction to it, so I attribute that to the size of the cup. I also tell them to take it easy on the mocha, but you know them!
I have to double check that they give me decaf also, because sometimes they forget.

So, I try not to mix the drink up too much while I drive. This way, the chocolate settles to the bottom and I don't get too much at one time.

I only drink about half of it while out on the road. (I drive my school bus for about 1.5 hours)

I bring the rest home, and park it in the fridge.

Here's the good part:

I add two scoops of protein powder to it, and then pour in water or more decaf coffee. The coffee is cold, not hot.

It makes drinking the protein much better for me.


No comments: