December 8, 2009

Oh am I tired!

What a week so far.

I took my wife in for her chemotherapy today. Yesterday, she was taking the prep medicines, and apparently, she had a slight allergic reaction that caused a tickle in her throat. This caused her to cough every few seconds, no matter how much she tried not to. Ugh!
She was up all night and I was too because of the noise, and the fact that I was worried about her.
When I did sleep, I saw the Angel of death hanging around.

I got up at 4:45am, and left for work around 5:45 after making sure my wife was awake. I layed the house phone across the room from her, and moved her cell phone, so she would have to get up to search for it. She always answers the phone no matter what, so it worked as a great double alarm clock.
Then, when I was on the road, I called her on both phones, one after the other.

I got home before 8 from my school bus run, and took my wife over to the Health Campus for her first chemo session.
After I got her settled, I headed home, took a shower, ate something, did the dishes, and headed back to pick her up around 11:00am.

Wrong!


I had to wait with her until 1pm because they started her drip very slowly so she would adapt to the poison entering her body.
The worst is yet to come. Believe me, I wouldn't ever do this to myself.
So, after my afternoon bus run, I cooked dinner for us, then I took a walk in the dark to see the Christmas lights in the neighborhood.

I am now sitting here typing and getting ready for an early night.
The meeting at the Bariatric Clinic was a good one. We listened to and participated with the exercise physiologists as they talked about, you guessed it, exercise. Good meeting.

I went to the WLS steering committee meeting last night, and was able to influence the future of the meeting in a positive way. I'll talk about that another time.
Oh, am I tired!
Life is good!

1 comment:

Larraine said...

I'm so sorry about your wife. She must be feeling awful. It's hard enough to feel bad without feeling bad when it's so close to Christmas. I can understand that you worry every time you leave. It's good you made some time for yourself.