February 2, 2010

Another Tuesday

As I sit here trying to get motivated.
As I sit here drinking my protein/Dunkin Donuts decaf coffee with no sugar.

I wonder why I did this thing.

So, I will go back and read what I wrote.
How positive I was about the future.
How amazed I was at being able to tie my shoes.
How I could fit into a restaurant booth again.
How I could throw all my pills away.
How I could go out for a walk, do the dishes, vacuum, start a batch of chili, and go to work, all in one day.
How I could spend the day with my grand kids and not be dead tired the next day.
How I can lay on the floor of the garage on a piece of cardboard and work on my car or Helix and not get dizzy or nauseous.
How I can go without a meal and still be able to function.
How I can get hungry, and still eat a sensible meal instead of just jamming stuff down my throat.
How I can sit up in bed without rocking or planning.
How I feel so much better.
How I have a more positive outlook on life, a lot more of the time.
How I know I will come out of any gray day and not feel like killing myself.
How I have so much more patience with people now.
How I can stand up for an hour or more and be able to stand up for an hour or more!

Oh yeah, now I remember why I did this thing.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ask myself that question at least once a day, but the answer is always the same: To have a better life.

I just have to keep it "big picture" or I get crazy in the minutiae. You know, the whys and wherefores? The I *cans* and I *cant's?*

It's easy to have a pity party when you realize what you gave up, but then you remember what you gained, and take the next step.

Good for you for keeping it positive, Lee. That is crucial to our success :-)