February 12, 2010

Da big snow





I have been busy shoveling snow. I have a large driveway and front walkway, and I don't have power equipment.
My aluminum shovels are worn out, and I have a very old steel scoop shovel.
I still get the job done. I have some neighbors who help out from time to time. One came by during the first storm and dragged my driveway with his plow. I was able to finish the job after that.
Another came by twice and helped me with his power shovel. It's a Toro one stage that can handle up to 6 inches of snow. Since we are dealing with up to 4 feet, I had to knock it down first. It was fun because I've been cooped up all winter and haven't gotten much of a workout.
There is still snow on the driveway, and I have to get the ice off the walkway, but it is passable.
I'll keep working on it.
My wife went into the hospital on Monday afternoon from complications from her chemotherapy. This is tough on me because I hate to see her like this.
I have been taking care of the house for quite some time, and I'm glad we don't have the kids at home anymore, just the damn cat. I hate cats! :)>
I have been off work since the snow started, so I could pace myself and work whenever I wanted. The storm was so bad that I couldn't get out to see my wife because they closed the city down. She is enjoying her solitude, however, and can call me whenever she wants.
This is a really strange time. I don't ever recall feeling quite like this.
Life is still good, but strange!

No comments: