July 22, 2010

The beginning

I went back to my first post. It seems I waited a bit to get started.
October of 2008 was when I first started blogging.
I had my surgery the end of July of 2008.
I guess it took me that long to learn how to blog.
I guess it took me that long to really believe that I was losing weight.
I'm not sure if it was one or both.
Now, I went to my last meeting a few weeks ago. I hadn't been there in about 6 months because of my Wife's situation, and I finally decided to go anyway.
It was like old times, except better. They streamlined stuff and were much smoother with presentations, and timing and such.
I ended up at the front of the room talking about my journey, and trying to calm some fears and answer questions. A lot of the old timers who were there wouldn't get up and talk. I guess they were tired of it.
Anyway, tomorrow, I am going to see the Chiropractor for the first time in another long time. I put that off too because of the stressful situation.
And, I am going to see my counselor soon too. I need the conversation. She has always helped me, and I hope for more support and a kick in the butt if I need it. (I do)
I am going back to basics very soon. I have some food to unload, and then I'm going back to what worked for me when I had my surgery two years ago. I am going to drop the 40 pounds or more and get back into shape.
Oh, I also got my latest blood test results. I seem to be normal in many of the areas as before, with just a few problems that will resolve themselves when my life returns to normal. I wonder if that will ever happen.
Life is good.

No comments: