July 1, 2010

Meeting tonight

I haven't gone to the support group meetings since my wife got sick because my heart was broken.
Since I was one of the long term people, I was looked upon as someone who had advice to offer. I didn't feel like offering advice, so I stopped going.
I am going to stop in tonight to see if I can pick up some information, and to feel like I'm part of something again.
The end of this month will be my 2 years anniversary for my WLS.
Wow, what a difference.
I will try to describe my feelings and experiences in the next blog entry.
Right now, I am still overwhelmed by my wife's situation.
I don't think she will be here much longer, but then again, I thought that a few months ago. i don't know when it will end, only that it will.
Ill write more tomorrow. I hope I get my batteries recharged at the meeting tonight.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Lee, it has been a week now with no comments from you. How are you? This has been 2 years of significantly different emotions; the highs of your wls, and the lows of your wife's illness. I cannot imagine how you have reconciled the contrasting emotions. Seems like what I remember happening when my husband's father died 2 days before my husband's birthday. His mom tried to have a birthday celebration, but wow, everyone felt incredibly inappropriate for trying to dredge up joy when all that they were feeling was such loss, and then the guilt my husband went through just knowing that it was all because it was his birthday. Then to face that for 2 years. I celebrate your taking control of your life, the choice you made to have your surgery and start new. And yet, I am sure that it has been difficult to fully celebrate your milestones.
You and yours are often in my thoughts.