August 22, 2010

A list


This post has to do with my life.
Of course, I wouldn't be able to write this had I not had the WLS. I would have been dead sometime last year. I wouldn't have been able to be there for my wife these past 7 months.

So, I am making a list of things I want to do. It helps me to get it out of my head so I can see it. The voices in my head distort things, so if I get the ideas out, I can look at them while the voices are sleeping.
  • I have to write. I believe I will need some type of solitude, along with simplicity in my life to be able to write. There are too many distractions in every day life. I have a house here with some rooms not being used. I may just seal one off from the outside world and just write from time to time.
  • I have to play. I never really succeeded in writing the music that is inside my head. I need to do that. It's way past the time.
  • I have to lose weight. Another 40 pounds would be really nice. But, I'll settle for.....40!
  • I need to get back on the horse. Nuff said!
Others need me right now, but I have to start taking care of myself. If the world closes in and I have to go back to work, I will lose the last chance I have to reach my goals. I can't work at a real job without losing all my energy to it. I know this for a fact. I can either be creative, or I can work. I can't do both.

So, this is my list.

My bucket list is much different and doesn't involve creativity. I will write that list another time.

Monday, I go back to work as a school bus driver. I have to get my physical, and go to the driver's meeting.
Tuesday, I have to pick out a gravestone. I don't start driving officially until the 30th (I think), but I have to lay out my route and call my kids. The route and kids can change before then too. It's the worst part of the job. Once I get into the routine, I will feel better. For now, it's just stress.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Hi, Lee! I'm in the same place as you. That list is a good idea. I think I'll make my own. My problem is that it's endless! There is so much I want to do. Bob & I went to the movies and dinner afterward. He reminded me how hard it was for me to get up and down from a chair at a restaurant. He usually had to hold the chair so I could get up without losing my balance. That list could go on forever, but....... I'm glad yours is turning out well. I hope you meet someone you can share your life with. Good luck with that too!