February 11, 2011

Short thoughts

  • I noticed that the two blogs I have been reading, other than my own, have been idle for some time. I think that is for a number of reasons. This time of year, people slow down. It's the calm before the spring. Happens every year. Another is because they are having problems, or just don't have the time to write. They could be having a dry spell and don't have anything to say. I hope they start writing again soon.
  • I do have another blog that I followed, but he seems to have dropped off the charts. He had other interests and I understand why he isn't writing his WLS blog. I have talked to him through email, so I know he is OK. I can't keep up with everyone, but I enjoy reading his stuff.
  • I had an email a few years ago from a blogger who was having serious problems. This person only made two entries into their blog and then dropped off the charts. I hope they are OK, but I will probably never know.
_______________________
  • I am making a slow transition to my Imac. I still have a long way to go and I feel really stupid that I can't figure things out. I won't give up, but I will take my time. I bought a hard drive back up unit called a Time Capsule, but haven't gotten it to work yet. I tried it a few times without success. Apple is not as easy to learn as they claim. I also got a touchpad and that is amazing. I wish I had one of these before. They make things so much easier on the hands and fingers.
  • I ate my first home made stuffed peppers today. Very good!
Ground beef (very lean) with bacon crumbled, Spanish rice, tomatoes (diced from a can), seasonings and spices, Olive Oil. Traffic light bell peppers cut in half and cored. Baked after the beef mixture was fully cooked and stuffed.
I have enough left over to make two containers for the freezer. I can either use them to stuff more peppers, or just eat them as a meal. Eating them as stuffed allows me to control portions and get my veggies.

  • I have been wanting to work on my music but keep running into mental reservations. It seems that I really don't want to play the old music. Everyone has heard the songs I sing hundreds, maybe thousands of times. I don't need to play them again. They don't make me feel better. I am tired of them. I wanted to do something of quality that was new. Something that would have new meaning to me and others. I just haven't been able to find that music within me. It seems I have been holding it in for so long, that I can no longer hope to get it out. So, I think I will put it away and use my music for other purposes. Those reasons are slowly becoming apparent to me. I hope to be able to play again sometime...
  • I may have found a job that can fit me and replace my school bus driving without throwing away all of the years of experience. I am hoping it makes me enough money and allows me to take time off. It seems to me that taking time off is more important to me now than it was before. The job would start after the school year is over, so it would be a smooth transition for me. I am really hoping that the money is enough for me to keep my home, but I may just sell it anyway and move closer to the job just to start fresh.
I went for a checkup at the Gastro-Enterologist this week. This is the place that turned me onto the idea of gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago. They told me of the new doctor coming to town. They also were the ones who diagnosed my Celiac. I need to retake the Celiac test and get the standard Endoscopy/colonoscopy for maintenance. I opted to wait until school was out so I would have to take time off, but I may move up the date if I get the new job. There are some new developments, but I will write about them another time.


3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Lee
You have been on my mind as you are passing through the series of "anniversaries" that are part of your grieving process. I am glad to see you mention some of them, and to be real about how you find yourself responding. You are getting to be the person you want to be, and it is a gradual process. Remember that you have people supporting you from unseen places in your life.
Donna

Lee said...

Thanks, Donna. I know I have stopped socializing in person, but that is part of the process too. I am still too sensitive.
Maybe sometime soon, I'll start up again.
I appreciate the comment.

Larraine said...

Hi, Lee! I haven't written in my blog for a while so I did this morning. It sounds like things are looking up for you. I'm so glad!