April 20, 2011

Breaking records



Well, almost.
I cut my lawn this afternoon, and then went next door and did their lawn. That's the house that burned down last month. The owners haven't been seen since a few days after the fire. They are living somewhere else.
The grass was growing, and I needed the exercise, and then maybe someone would think I was being helpful instead of self centered. In reality, I was being self centered.
I walked over to a meeting tonight at the Borough hall. The East Petersburg Day committee has expanded to become the East Petersburg Event committee. We used to do just one day per year. We would go all out and celebrate the community with a prayer breakfast, parade, 5k run, and then have field entertainment along with live music.
The past few years, we have had changes in personnel and have expanded quite a bit, adding firework in the evening, a Saturday morning farmer's market, and a 1st Saturday concert in the park.
This year, they are going wild. They have something scheduled almost every month all summer long, and a blues fest in October. There is a car show planned, a circus, a fire equipment expo, among many other things.
I feel proud to have been part of the event that lead to all of this. Our community is really shining now.
I will do the MC work for most of the events, and will help out with DJ music and be a stage hand when needed. I'm not sure how I'll fit in, but will be there until I figure it out.
Next month I will be recording with a friend helping out so I can get an idea of what I need to do in order to improve my music. I am hoping I have the energy and will power to write a few songs that have been clogging up my brain.
As far as the kayak is concerned, I will have to wait until next weekend because it looks like it will be cold and rainy all weekend.
I am pretty tired right now. Tomorrow, if I can, I will try to roll the lawn again. The first effort was tough, but seemed to help smooth out the lawn a bit. Maybe this time will do the trick.
More later...

2 comments:

Larraine said...

Glad to hear you are doing the music at the farmers market. Bob and I went there once and found some great cheese from a local farmer. We probably will do it again soon if I can ever get my right leg back into shape.

Lee said...

Larraine,
The Farmer's market is separate from the other events. They hold it in the parking lot of the park on Saturday mornings.
You might be thinking about Root's market which is near here.