July 26, 2011

Too pooped to party!

I have been complaining for years about not having time or energy to do the things I wanted to do because I was always doing the things I had to do instead. I'm still in that mode, but I have a different attitude now.
I feel good about getting things done.
The problem is now that I'm older, my fingers hurt and I'm too tired to play my guitar when I actually have time.
Right now, I am tapping out this blog two fingers at time. The rest of the fingers are in a drawer somewhere recovering from holding the long handled paint roller all day.
I put two coats of paint on the garage floor and I need to touch it up tomorrow. I also need to cut the grass, and have another dozen other things that have to be done too.
I promised myself that I would finish all of this clean up, paint up, fix up stuff so that I could put the house up for sale next month, so I still feel good.
I am reviewing music in my head all the time since that is the only part of me that doesn't get sore after working all day. I used to do that all the time, but my fingers didn't hurt this badly.
Oh well.
Yesterday, I couldn't do anything because my back was too sore. I felt good today, and will probably not feel so good tomorrow. But, I will plow ahead to get finished with what I started. I will post pictures, both before and after. I am proud that I have been able to get this much work done on my own. I am lucky to have had the help that I did also. They spurred me on to start working again.
So, tonight, I will go watch Wolverine on my blu ray, HDTV until I can't keep my eyes open (probably about 9pm.), and then hope to get up in the morning and start work again. I think the iron pills are working!

No comments: