November 19, 2011

Delete this post? Nah!

I deleted my last post because it was not what I should be writing about. It was a rant about someones ideas and not mine, and that's not right.
I realized too, that I stopped reading my posts right after I edit and post them. I have been writing this way for a long time. I should re-read them once in awhile just so I can learn from them.
But, most of them recently have been written just to get ideas out of my head so I can move on.

The pain in my finger is still there and this morning when I went out to shred leaves and finish one section of the yard, the pain in my knees and joints became noticeable. In fact, I was able to work through it, but had to readjust my movement to compensate. The pain is just in my joints, and not my muscles. I can tell the difference. I was so tired when I finished, that I came in and took a nap for two hours.

I was planning on taking a walk tonight, but am too sore. I did take a drive this afternoon to enjoy the last bit of sunlight. It gets dark way too early now.

This coming week, I have a very strange bus schedule so I will try to concentrate on starting to pack and organize things that I don't need. I decided the past few days that I am going to make the move whether I am ready or not. Tomorrow, I have an agent coming over to help me decide what to sell the house for.

All of the work I've done should make the sale easier, and I hope to make enough to pay the mortgage and have some left over for the move. One of the things I have thought about is my continued bariatric support. I will try to find a team where I go, but even if I do find that team, I will come back up here once a year for my yearly blood work and checkup. Next year's appointment will mark the 4 year milestone for me.

I am hoping the move will help me to work towards the final 50 pounds. I gained some over the past year that I want to get rid of, and I think becoming more active and working to re-integrate me into society will be the spark I need to burn off the rest of the weight.

So, next week, I will divide my time between taking pictures and posting to Craigslist the furniture I want to sell, and packing things into two piles. One for getting rid of, and one for taking with me when I move.

I really want to try to get rid of almost everything as far as furniture is concerned, because I want to experience the feeling of doing it all again. I have some sentimental stuff that I will keep, such as photographs, but I am going to look through everything and see if I can't just sell it all and start again.

I have a friend who is a believer in the afterlife and she says that my wife's spirit is in some of the furniture and will follow me where ever I go. She tells me that's why I sold both cars last year and bought one that my wife had never been in before. So, if I take my wife's blankets with me, her spirit will follow.

I guess that means that I shouldn't take my mother in laws stuff with me unless I want her to continue to haunt me! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought a book to read at the suggestion of my dietitian. It's called "Weight loss surgery cook book for dummies". There are actually two books from the dummy collection dealing with WLS. The cookbook is one and the info on the surgery itself is the other.

The cookbook is very interesting. It covers everything from the beginning as far as what you need to know about food and eating. It is a nice refresher since it is very basic and not preachy. I am told that there are lots of good recipes in the second half, but I am still only a few chapters into it. I am reading it slowly so I can remember what I read. I know that there are many different kinds of WLS, but they cover the basics for the 2 most popular, roux en Y and the lap band. They really have standardized the rules for most everyone, so it's a good read.


No comments: