December 11, 2008

Staying the course.

I have been getting ready to record my thoughts so I can write my first book. I gotta tell you, it's really tough for me to think thin.
I am so used to being sore and tired, and worn out all the time.
I'm still sore, but I'm not tired.
So, what's so hard about writing a book?
The itch is in a place I can't reach.
It's in between my ears, and behind my skull!
Ever feel that way?
I do all the time. My weight loss hasn't changed that at all. I don't know why, but I am going to find out.
My basement is a playground for me. But, it's cold down there. I am broke, so no space/supplemental heating for now. Even working out on the treadmill doesn't get me warm. My fingers are so cold and sore!
Now, I'm done complaining. I feel better already!
  • I need to schedule my day
  • I need to follow that schedule, every day
  • I need to keep up with a variety of foods, so I don't get lazy or bored, and cheat
My basement has a large multi purpose bench for workouts with free weights. It has a leg and arm unit attached to it.
I also have a Total Gym. If you can only get one thing, that's the one! It is actually fun, although I still get a bit of motion sickness. I don't have all the attachments for it, but it serves it's purpose.
And, I have a professional treadmill. This unit has everything, but not all of it works. I bought it from a resale dealer. It has extra padding in the tread, and is wide and long so I can move around on it. I usually walk about 3 mph and raise the grade up to 2.5 or 3%. I can jog on it for a short way, but I'll get better. The funny thing is that I almost fall over when I try to walk on the floor afterwards.
My leg muscles are used to carrying 75+ or more pounds than I actually have on me now. So, my legs over-react, and I end up stumbling around until I lose my "sea legs". So now, I stand on the treadmill and hold on after I'm done walking, until I can stand without falling.
On the far wall, I have two amplifiers, my PA system, DJ box, an extra mixer, various pedals, mics and stands, and my two guitars. I will post a picture of that.
When I walked yesterday, I played Steely Dan on my DJ outfit. It's about 1400 watts flat out, but I was about half that. Tonal quality in the basement is very good, and since I'm alone, I can play it loud........and.....I DO!

No comments: