February 25, 2009

Health roadblocks

I have another appointment tomorrow with the doctor and dietician.
This is a follow up. I am supposed to have lost another 5 pounds since I didn't lose enough weight during this time period.
I should be around 212 now instead of the 224 that I weighed in at.
I had the blood sugar problem that I am working on and was talked about in a previous post.
I still have the Celiac problem.
Pretty soon, I'm not going to be able to eat anything. I'll just sit around and look at food, and get sick.
The above sentence is just my ranting. Things really are going well. I am losing weight and getting into shape. I feel good.
I am changing family doctors at this time. I will send my previous doctor a letter explaining my decision.
My Bariatric doctor is very good. I will keep him and his team. Good people all!
I am getting a glucometer to measure my blood sugar levels.
I will be going to a psychologist to make sure I don't have any problems that would prevent me from continuing. I've worked with shrinks before, and found them helpful. It allows me to make statements I wouldn't normally make to my family or friends.
I am hoping for warmer weather soon. I want to get outside more often, instead of working out in the basement all the time.

1 comment:

Mike Burke said...

You will sit around and look at food and get sick. oh for about 2 more years. Just the thought of anything that is "bread" doesn't sit well with you right now. Bread is so much a part of today's culture that most people think of it as innocent but not to the bariatric patient. Bread expands when it gets wet, so does rice. If your re-wiring was anything like mine your new "stomach" should only be as big as your pinky finger. You need to be able to fit your meals into a space that size. It's not easy because your eyes will be so much larger than your capacity to handle it.