February 20, 2009

Up to date!

I did a workout today for the first time since my hospital stay.
I got on the treadmill and started chugging along to the music.
I went up and down hills, with no problems at all. I walked/jogged at speeds up to 3.1 mph, according to the screen. Hills were 6.0 and went down to 4.0 degrees.
I felt good. I drank my Crystal Light, and stopped the machine to fix the wheels, which were allowing the treadmill to travel across the floor.
I stopped the machine around 9 minutes left, and went over and did a workout on the Total Gym.
When I finished the Total Gym, I felt dizzy, so I took a glucose pill, and I felt better.
Then, I got back on the treadmill and started up again. This time, I took 2 dumbbells with me and did wing sprints with my arms while walking. I kept my heartbeat up to the level I need to be, and felt good, so I kept going.
When I finished the walk, I went over and re-arranged the weight bench, and set up the barbell so that I could do bench presses. I did a few with very light weights just to get a feel for the bench. I also did some leg exercises with light weights.
I will start to use the weight bench as a way of mixing things up. I will gradually work up to heavier weight, but for now, I am a wimp.
I did, however, like the fact that my biceps looked pumped when I finished.
I have been dealing with loose skin, and am not a happy camper about that, but all things considered, I'll take that over being fat any day of the week.
I now know that I can exercise without worry, as long as I am careful.

I looked at Kayaks over at one of the local stores, and found the price range as well. I think I can do the Kayak, and will try to buy one later this spring.
For now, I have to look for a "real" job instead of school bus driving, so I can make some money to pay the bills. I am looking into doing my DJ work again. I would like to make the circuit of the local clubs to see what is offered and if I can do better. I don't have the funds to start looking for weddings, and I don't feel confident to do one just yet anyway.
I am also starting to play my guitar again. I blew out the basement walls once this week, and plan to do that a lot more. Maybe attend a jam and get into a band???
Oh Yeah!

1 comment:

Mike Burke said...

About Kayaking, wait 6 months post-op. You don't want any complications. You need to let that incision heal. Now as far as driving a school bus and DJ ing, that's what I do. I think it's cool. Get a roadie to handle DJ gear for the first year out. Your muscles are trying to recalibrate. You should feel like a million bucks really soon only wishing you had it.