March 1, 2009

Holding pattern

Life has been at a stall speed for almost a month now.
I need to make more changes in order to move into the second phase of my weight loss.
My insurance company assigns a nurse to oversee things and to make comments.
This week, after talking to me for about an hour, she sent me a glucometer with instructions on how to use it. I am not interested in doing that, and am resisting. I can tell my blood sugar is dropping and take measures to correct it on my own.
She also has to make these disclaimer statements after everything she says to cover her butt for the insurance company.
I don't know how she can make any suggestions when she doesn't have my medical history in front of her.

Also,
I found a Facebook friend who just told me he had the surgery done back in 2000. I asked him to write some stuff for this blog and he said he would. I was interested in what it feels like after 8 or 9 years and he agreed to do that. I don't know if he will, but I'm hoping.

And,
I have another new FB friend who is making some very interesting suggestions about types of food. This person is from another part of the country, and they use different ingredients. All of the food here in Central PA is so bland, so this should really be a welcome addition to my diet. Maybe it's what I need to move on?

No comments: