March 7, 2009

Life's been good to me so far! Joe Walsh!

The meeting was another monster!
Attendance was so big, that they had to open up the adjoining room. There were people lined up and down the walls!
Amazing!
The speaker was a Post Patient from Lifespan, which is a social worker/therapy type clinic. Her discipline is of course Bariatrics.
She spoke about the changes that happen to us and the people around us before, during, and after the surgery. Her boyfriend was there to offer his viewpoint from time to time.
They were very interesting, informative, and entertaining.
We never got to break into groups and that was a disappointment to me.
Not to belittle the speaker, but this is supposed to be a support group, not an informative talk. It's good to have these people speak to us, but I really feel that I need to hear others around me offering tips and tricks, personal experiences as well as understanding about what we are going through. I will express this to the team and suggest to them that they consider having an extra meeting just for post people to do that.
On a similar note, I am making two changes in my medical team:
  1. I have found another family doctor, and am leaving my present one. I did this because I have not been satisfied this doctor has been meeting my needs. I found one closer to my home and it is actually within walking distance. I had my records copied and had to pay a pretty penny to have them done. But, now I actually have them and have read them. An eye opening experience. I bought a multi-function machine to copy them into my computer so I will have them in the future.
  2. I am in the process of looking for a psychological counselor familiar with post Bariatric problems. I have spoken with counselors before when my son and I were dealing with ADD and all the other letters, and found it very helpful. I am not ready to check into the funny farm yet, though!
There are so many things I want to do, and have no idea of how to do them. So, I am working as hard as I can, and trying not to burn myself out.
If anyone would like to help, I have a list! I plan to make some real money in the next few years, as well as fulfill some of my dreams and goals. Money has never been my motivator, but I am looking forward to making some and getting out of debt, and feeling good about my life and my accomplishments.

I have many things that I want to do, and I have said this before:

Last year, I was getting ready to die. This year, I am getting ready to live.

No comments: