May 7, 2009

Livin life

Tonight is the support group meeting over at Lancaster General Hospital.
Last week we met with a group of students doing their final project for graduation. The subjects were various aspects of the bariatric experience, from pre to post and beyond. They had stations where they explained things.
I registered for several prizes and even won one. A bottle of skin care lotion is now on my night stand. The stuff isn't too bad!
So, this week I spent almost every day over at the John Deere Dealer asking questions, and getting parts for my RX 63 project.
The thing is running really well, but I still need to do some minor adjustments. I'm learning so much and extremely pleased to be able to climb all over the thing without passing out after 5 minutes!
I'm also down 91 pounds officially, and all my numbers are right where I want them to be. No more pills is a great thing.
I got some more tips from the dietitian, and passed another milestone.
I have one more appointment before I am finished with my post surgery visits. After the appointment in the fall, I will only go to see the team once a year for the next 5 years. Wow!

No comments: