May 30, 2009

Next meeting and ramblings until I fall asleep....

The next meeting for the Lancaster General Hospital Bariatric support group is scheduled for this coming Thursday, at the Hospital, as far as I know.
I know they were planning to move into their new office, but I don't know if they made it.
If anyone hears about it, let me know and I will post it.

Today, I went outside and started cutting branches off of bushes and trees in order to be able to cut the lawn and not be assaulted by them.
I also enlisted the help of my wife who was able to open and hold the large paper bags we have to use from the borough. That is a pain in the neck and other body parts. The bags degrade over time, and they aren't very sturdy or big enough to handle branches. So, I had to cut the branches into very short sections.
Time consuming and it hurt my hands.
But, I didn't get tired, and I managed to finish the whole yard as far as chopping is concerned. There are still a few piles to be bagged. My wife got tired and headed inside.
I also cleaned out my son's car to get it ready for sale. I posted it on Craigslist. The head gasket blew last week, and he made it to my driveway, so we put a for sale sign on it.
He bought another vehicle with my financial help. Sadly, that means I probably won't make the mortgage this next month, but I really don't care at this point.
The great thing is that I was able to cut the whole lawn yesterday, and still had energy today to do the branches. Wow!
Who knows what I will be able to do tomorrow.....

No comments: