May 25, 2009

Short weekend

I have to look through my email to figure out when the next meeting is.
I am interested in attending as long as I can.
This past weekend, I had a half day for a few of my school kids, and not for others, so I ended up working longer than usual. No big deal, because it is just driving, but I did some stupid things.
You see, this is a tourist area, so many people are driving like idiots, rather than the vehicles around them.
I have a pet name for them, but I won't say it here.
Anyway, they were out in droves on Friday.
I came up to one corner, after fighting with the slow movers, gawkers, cell phone texters, and whatever else for the previous 5 minutes.
There was this car along the side of the road sitting at the light when it was clearly a right turn on red opportunity. I figured it was another F****** tourist (oops), so I went around him on the left, and proceeded to make my right turn on red, while they sat there. Bad thing for me to do. I'm supposed to be a professional driver, and I am most days. I will always err on the side of safety, but I was at my wits end at that point.
Well, it turns out that they weren't a tourist. Rather, they were an off duty Police officer just wanting to go home after his shift. I don't know why he wasn't lined up properly, or why he didn't make the turn, but he did write down my van number and called my boss to complain.
My boss called me, and I lied about what I did in order to cover my butt.
Well, that doesn't sit well with me. I usually try to tell the truth, even if it hurts me, but again, I was tired of all the garbage.
I waited until I cooled down a bit, and called my boss back to tell her that I lied, and to ask for the contact information so i could call the officer and apologize. My boss understood, as she always does, but she didn't have the contact information for the officer.
So, tomorrow, I will try to contact the officer and apologize myself, and take my lumps if I have to. I screwed up and don't ever feel good about not telling the truth. I feel even dumber doing what I did.
So, how does this relate to Bariatric Surgery?
Well, let me ask you how many times you have lied about your weight?
How many times have you lied to the doctor over the years about how you've stuck to your diet, but really didn't?
How many times did you feel good about that?
I have tried to tell the truth no matter what. It was one of my goals, along with everything else I promised to do for myself.
It is really hard to do all the time. Try it sometime.
Try not feeling sorry for yourself sometime! Not easy.
Try being upbeat all the time. Impossible.
So, the rest of my weekend was somewhat boring, but for me, I enjoyed myself.
I went to see my friend's band play at a car show in Thomasville, PA. yesterday. I was honest with him about how it sounded. He took it very well because he knows I will support him no matter what. They had lots of trouble with the sound system, and getting the correct balance. Made things tough for them to sing.
But, I stayed the whole time, and I even helped take down and wrap cables and carry equipment. Felt good. Some of those cabinets were heavy.
On Saturday, to go a bit backwards in time, We went to my Son's home to attend Skylar's second birthday party. You can see pictures on Facebook, if you send me a friend request.
I will be uploading pictures from today. I asked my wife to take a shot of me cutting the lawn. Pushing the lawn mower, since I can't seem to get the John Deere ride on to do what I want. It almost melted the new mower deck belt. I tried to adjust it with no luck. I looked online, but can't find a suitable site that doesn't want $80 for a service manual that may not have what I need anyway.
I will be heading over to the Deere dealer tomorrow to look at their stuff and ask more questions. I can't sell the mower the way it is. I have to fix it.
So, this week, I am going to take time to play my guitar. I have songs ready to learn. I should be able to do something. I plan to play out sometime Before the end of the summer.
So, I have been writing what I think in this post, and not worrying about the order. I hope you can get something from this.
Stay tuned, life is good!

1 comment:

Barry VanEmery said...

After dealing with users while working in a support role for so many years, I gave up lying to doctors, dentists, etc...

If they don't know when you're lying they're not very good doctors. They know. You just look like a fool if you try lying to them...so I don't even bother trying.

Besides, chances are they've seen worse.