July 8, 2009

Progress

The lawn has slowed down due to the hot/dry season arrival. So, once a week, or maybe every other week will be just fine.
That's good news for me because I want to have the energy to do other things. I still get wiped out by cutting the lawn. It is almost 10,000 steps according to my pedometer, so that's not too bad of a workout. Since I vary my cutting by going different ways every time, I get a varied workout. This doesn't replace other workouts, but it helps.
I found a place that rents Kayaks, and I think I may try my hand/butt at it next week.
I also need to find a shrink. This is now priority on my list of to do things. I found one very nice lady who has also gone through the weight loss surgery, but she is not accepting new patients right now.
I plan to paint the basement and finish it either tomorrow, or beginning next week.
My next project will be to bring up all the remaining junk from the basement, stack it on the porch, and get rid of it all. I would hope to take most of it to the curb, but some of it is too big and will have to be hauled away, either by me, or a guy I know.
Needless to say, I am more and more motivated to finish everything here by the end of next week.
Wish me luck, come over and help, or just stay tuned!

1 comment:

Barry VanEmery said...

Careful with the boating if you haven't trained a little with rowing...I'd strongly suggest rowing a canoe in a lake first or you'll be surprised how much it hurts!