September 24, 2009

Before 8 o'clock

I got up at my usual time (4:30am) after roasting all night. The humidity came back with a vengeance, and I didn't open the windows more than a crack. I did have the ceiling fan running all night, so that helped.
Before I left the house for my bus route, I was able to bring a pot of kidney beans to a boil, then lowered the heat and let them simmer while I was gone.
Temperature in the house this morning was 78 because I am cooking the chili. The humidity is so bad that the back door is sticking. It swelled up a bit.
When I came home, I did all the prep work for the chili, including browning some ground Bison along with onions and other seasonings, browning sausage links removed from their casings, mixing the tomatoes, paste, and seasonings, finishing up the beans, mixing them all together in the crock pot, and eating my meal.
Now, I am going to turn on the AC and cool off. The fan just isn't doing it.
The grass could use a clipping today, but I think I will pass in favor of doing some other stuff that needs to be done.
I should go shopping too.
The mortgage application is finished, and waiting for the fee to be sent out.
And, most of this was done before 8 o'clock!

No comments: