September 20, 2009

The Longest day 2009

I know this is a reference to a terrible day is our nation's and world's history, but I am borrowing it for now.
It is not a negative reference. Rather, it is a triumph for me.
The fact that I survived is one milestone.
The fact that I am writing this so soon after the day is amazing.
I started out around 7 am. yesterday morning and finished up around midnight. I had to unwind, so I stayed up after I got home at 10:45pm or so.
East Petersburg Day turned out to be something special for me this year. It usually is, but this year proved that I can still push the envelope and survive.
I have a sunburn on my nose and neck, and am a little sore, but I survived.
Read my Facebook picture pages to see what it was like.
Today, I took a Helix ride to see a monster million pound pair of generators being moved to TMI
Our ride took about two hours total. My back was sore, but I did that too. I also went grocery shopping. But, I am bushed now, and heading to bed a little early.
I'm happy to be alive.
nuclear power plant. They were parked for the weekend and there were hundreds of people gawking at it.

No comments: