October 1, 2009

MIlestones and tears

I don't know what is going to happen tonight.
Will I laugh or cry?
You see, tonight is the "Drop your pants" weight loss support group meeting.
I will show up wearing my best suit from before my weight loss surgery, and drop it on the floor after modeling it. Of course, I hope to see many others who will do the same thing.
And also, I will be wearing my new clothes underneath, so it won't be that traumatic for the audience.
I haven't given this much thought until now. I am usually a ham and have no problems getting up in front of people, but I think this might be different.
I just tried the suit on and felt the stirring of emotions I haven't felt for a long time.
I never got to wear it when it was new. I never had the occasion. I bought it so I could play weddings as a DJ since I didn't like Tuxes. But, I never got to wear it.
So now, I have an expensive suit that is a clown outfit.
I am so glad it is a clown outfit and not the only dress suit that I can fit into.
I'll let you know what happens tonight.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

OMG! I wish I could be there. Tell someone to take pictures so you can post them on your blog!