October 4, 2009

Busy week.

I had other plans, but they were interrupted by the things around me. It ain't my fault! LOL
We had our 1st annual "Drop your pants" weight loss support meeting Thursday evening. I went very well.
Dr Brader showed up and ran the show after we all made fool of ourselves.
I didn't take any pictures because I was too wrapped up in other things. I don't think anyone else did either.
For my Blogger friends:
The Bariatric clinic now has a Facebook presence. Get over there and become a fan please. And please spread the word. This is a great way for those of us who have been through the surgery can offer help to those that are waiting or looking into it.
So, today, I spent a very nice afternoon in a tent helping people sign up for a door prize after going through the Bariatric clinic. They had their open house.
They served food, had dance lessons, answered questions, taught people about healthy eating, and so much more.
I would estimate the crowd at about 400 overall. The folks poured in and kept coming all day.
I got to eat some peanuts, two small "kabobs", with two bottles of water in between. I am full.
I got a neat blue T shirt, and an "ask me how" button for my efforts. Well worth it.
Tomorrow is the support group steering committee meeting. My evenings are full this week.
I did get out yesterday and managed to investigate a new PA system for my soon to be part time job of playing my guitar and singing again.
It is a small system that only weight 35 pounds complete and packs into a wheeled bag for moving and storage. It still has plenty of power and sounds very good, at least in the store. I have read many more good reviews than bad ones. I will have to sell some of my present equipment in order to pay for it, but that's OK.
I am moving forward. That's what I want to do.

2 comments:

Chrisrocks1 said...

I learned that whey protein worls very well for post bariatric patients. Its been working for me maintaining my weight and filling me up.

Chrisrocks1 said...

Good food for thought. I learned that whey protein for bariatric patients is best for maintaining your weight down and improving your immune system. It's been doing great for me. ....I look forward to living longer.