October 10, 2009

Random thoughts

I bought an Ikea desk chair. It is red. It is made from something that resembles wood, but really isn't. It is hard. It swivels, rotates, and adjusts to height. It has wheels. I added a pad for the seat to make it more comfortable. It isn't comfortable at all. But, it looks neat!
I sit in this chair for hours while I work/goof off, at the computer.
I pay bills on the computer.
I have contact with many people on the computer.
I listen to music on the computer.
I watch and learn on the computer.
I sit on a hard chair in front of the computer.

I wonder why we can't lose weight at the computer?

So, what do I do next?
I am working on my yard.
My son came over two weekends in a row and he is supposed to come over today. So far, he isn't here, so I am sitting at my computer.
We have bushes to pull from in front of the house. There are left over stumps that need to be taken out. Last night, I dug around them and managed to pull a few out, but they were loose already and only needed a bit of help. The bigger ones are much deeper and need some type of mechanical assistance to come out of the ground.
I also raked out an area that we did last week. The roots made it very tough to do anything in rhythm. The rake would get stuck and come around sideways and the roots would grab on and not let go. So, I did a lot of bending and pulling by hand. My back feels it now.

I am going to play my guitar this weekend. I have to make a list of songs I did when I first started playing as a single or in a duo. I was 19 at the time and had been playing rock and roll, funk, and also worked in an 8 piece horn band (think Chicago, Blood, Sweat, and Tears). I had played weddings before that from about the age of 13 or so (I started at age 11), but really only started playing onstage by myself when I was 19.
I did lounge music, but it was aimed towards what is called smooth jazz today. Something a little more sophisticated than blues, and too syrupy to be rock.
  • This masquerade
  • The tracks of my tears
  • Goin out of my head
  • Summertime
  • Blackbird and other Beatles songs (Rubber Soul)
Get the idea?
I also liked funny songs. I did some to break up things when people were paying attention to me and not just using me as background.
  • It's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way
  • Crying in your pretzels
  • Saturday night in Toledo Ohio, is like being nowhere at all
There were songs written by Martin Mull that made me question my sanity, and I sometimes threw them in too.
I had lots of fun even if no one else did.
Now, I need to add newer songs that I can sing and not sound like I'm a 56 year old trying to be a kid again.
No rap or Hip hop for me!

My son just called to say he was delayed, so I think I'll take a short walk. The weather is almost livable, although it's a bit wet out there. I am wearing shorts today because my jeans are still too stiff. They haven't broken in yet.



No comments: