November 23, 2009

Buddy list

A few of the folks I've met at the WLS meetings have recently gone through the surgery, or are very close to their new life.
I was planning to spend time at the hospital visiting them and helping them make it through the tough times.
I guess that will have to take a back seat to life, which has other ideas.
I was one floor below the Bariatric clinic today, and didn't have time to go up and say hi. My wife has 3 different doctors with three different disciplines that are going to oversee her Gamma knife surgery.
They measured her cancer in the brain at 6.5 cm as of the time they took the pictures about 2 weeks ago. The surgery for her should be easy, but the preparation by the doctors is pretty intense as far as I can see.
Gamma Rays are deadly in the wrong dose, and I guess it would ruin their day if they had an "oops".
She started her anti hormone therapy this past week, and so far doesn't seem to have any serious side effects. She is complaining of itching, but then again, I am itching too so it's probably the dry indoor air.
I received two samples from Catalina Life sciences. They are the Bariatric advantage Chocolate and Vanilla protein powders. The chocolate is very good. I will try the vanilla tomorrow in my yogurt. I need a change so this might be the route to take.
I have a very nice neighbor making dinner tonight for us, so I have to go get ready. Gotta pick up some more pills at the pharmacy for my wife too.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Hi, Lee! It's a good thing your own health is under control. Hopefully your wife will be as lucky.