November 29, 2009

Walking and driving





I rode the Helix today for about a half hour. It was very cold on the bike since I like to ride fast. I hit speeds up to 74 mph. I was dressed warm with Silk lined leather gloves, a T shirt, sweat shirt, and jacket, and my "Buff" over my head and under the helmet.
It did warm up this afternoon to around 60 degrees, and the sun was very strong.

We went for a walk on the Junction Road rail trail. My wife used her Oxygen and it worked well, but she was unable to go much further than the first quarter mile. We turned around and headed back at a very slow pace. But, we got to walk in the sunshine.

Much of our time this weekend was spent in front of the TV watching the House and garden channel and dreaming about finishing the kitchen and bathroom which we have no money to do. But, we have ideas about what we would like to do.

I've eaten turkey in some form every day since Thursday, and plan to thaw and cook another turkey in the next few weeks in order to open up the freezer and save money. I can add it to my chili instead of the beef this time around for a bit of variety.

I took another walk this afternoon when we got home. This allowed me to walk at a much faster pace. My body is still adjusting to the weight loss, and I pop and crack as well as meander along the street. I walked last night too.

And, I started a search for a new dog. We went to the Humane Society to see what they had. I'm looking for a dog that can walk with me with as little control as possible. I am thinking about a German Shepherd, or other larger dog. I had a collie and a border collie, but they both passed on a few years back. Now that I have the energy, I would like to have a companion to walk with, and someone who can stay with my wife when I can't be here.

No comments: