December 21, 2009

Alcohol and WLS

This is an interesting article on the subject of alcohol.
I don't really have much to add to the topic since I don't really drink. I did try it for medicinal purposes, as I think I wrote about in an earlier post, and I can tell you it works to help me sleep.
I do agree that the effect is quick to come and go. It's as if it really wasn't there.
I like the feeling too much so I will not drink even when I am able.
Beer is carbonated, so I won't even try that. I used to like the fake beer, but that's OK, I'll pass.
We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground right now, and it's getting deeper quickly, so I think I'll go out and try my hand at shoveling, just for the exercise. I got the car inspected and some stuff fixed, and I went out this morning. The snow is powdery and not too slippery, but with the temps rising over the next few days, it will be a mess.
All things considered, I would rather be somewhere warm watching it on TV!

No comments: