December 30, 2009

How about so far?

I have been chugging along, doing stuff, and feeling as if I'm not going anywhere.
But, I really am moving forward, and I like that.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
"
John Lennon

Progress? (The opposite of Congress)
  • I wanted to take my scooter apart. I started to do it, but it was too cold in the garage. I will take my space heater out there before the weekend is up and try some more. I took the screws out of one side (the lower side) and the small leg faring was cracked and brittle. It fell apart in my hands, so I have to replace that. OEM parts are expensive (that small plastic thing is $54.00!), and I don't have any disposable income to replace it right now. The scooter is held together with lots of screws and I am keeping them in a bag so I don't lose them.
  • I wanted to write. I haven't written. I have been taking care of my wife and the house. Yesterday while she was having her 2nd dose of chemo (a 4 hour process), I came home, vacuumed, dusted, and moved furniture in the living room to make things easier. I also put away the two Christmas decorations (really neat little fiber optic trees) so the cat would have somewhere to sleep again. They were blocking her from getting into the window sill.
  • I wanted to walk. I haven't walked, although I have gone out of my way at the health campus when I took my wife over. She wasn't happy because I made her walk with me. She wants to sleep and lay around and I won't allow that when I know she needs to move. I'm nasty that way.
  • I wanted to play my guitar. I haven't done that. I have thought about giving it up altogether, but decided to wait on that. I hate waiting.
I did manage to book a gig this Saturday for my DJ business. It's a freebee for the local kids who are bored. I will be playing for 2 hours over at the community building in the park. The music has been filtered and picked out, so all I have to do is show up with my equipment and push play. Then, my hands will be free to cover my ears for two hours.

I also got many other things done that weren't on my list. Lots of thinking and reconsidering.

Another Lennon quote:
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

No comments: