December 27, 2009

The week after Christmas

Tomorrow, we are heading over to the Oncologist for standard blood work, and approval for round two of my wife's chemotherapy on Tuesday. I spoke of this before.

I would like to go visit my Parent's graves, but I guess I won't get there this week.

So, now is the time to look back and see what I did the past year. I think I am looking forward at this point. I just finished reading what I wrote and that's the way it seems. I hope you don't mind.

I went from a triple X to a Medium. No big deal, right?

I can tie my shoes now.

I can see and cut my toenails.

I can walk for miles and miles, and not just think about it.

I can do more than one thing per day.

I can cut grass with or without a self propelled Mower.

I can rake leaves everyday without being too tired or sore.

I can climb around over, under, around, and through my Helix. I can ride it too.

I can actually get on the elliptical machine and travel round and round for 20 minutes at a time.

I can lift weights, carry boxes, sort through stuff, and climb the stairs as many times as I need in one day, and do it again tomorrow.

I can shovel the driveway (14 inches of snow) everyday for a week. Yes, I got sore from this one. But, I didn't die, or even feel like I was dying.

I can eat when I want, and still lose weight. I can control my eating and not eat something I'm not supposed to eat without too much guilt.

I now have more
discipline than I have ever had before that I can remember.

I can fit behind the wheel of a subcompact.

I can sit at a booth in a restaurant. I can sit at a table too.

I can refuse water or any drink with my meal. I can ask for a container without having to explain myself.

I can feel "normal" most of the time, instead of having to ask for special help.

I don't cringe when I hear of something
more that I have to do. I can do a little more if I have to.

Wow!

In the next year:
  • I will attempt to lose the last 50 pounds.
  • I will try to run. 5 or 10 miles, mostly cross country, rather than on the road. I might like to try some extreme running, such as running along over rocks and hills.
  • I will try to do something I haven't done before. I am still thinking about skydiving.
  • I want to write at least one book out of 3 that I have in my head.
  • I want to start my own business so I can make money when I want. I don't want to work for someone else anymore. That's something I have wanted to do most of my married life (34 years). I still would like to go into business with someone else, so we can support each other as we climb the ladder. I hate working alone.
  • I either want to finish my home or move somewhere else. I need to redo most of the home now that I have it emptied out. I need a new kitchen and bathroom. I need to add another bathroom. I need to finish the porch, heat the garage, oh Hell, I need to redo the whole place. The house will be around for another 100 years or so. It might as well be updated. I welcome any help and donations can be made too!
  • I want to play my guitar onstage until I am good again. I was good once. Maybe I can do it again?
I have so many more things I want to do in the future. Let's see where I am this time next year....


No comments: