January 26, 2010

Blood test result for 18 months

My Body Mass Index is 32.66!
I am officially 208 pounds, from a starting weight of 305.
I gained a pound or two from the previous weigh in 6 months ago.
All of my blood test results were good, with a very few exceptions that aren't of any serious consequence.
I got a gold star from my Dietitian for following my diet, and taking my vitamins.
I am proud of her for helping me to stay on track.
I won't go into more detail than that. I have the results from the 13 tubes of blood written down, so if you're interested in anything specific, let me know and I'll send you that info.
I'm told that my next year will be the killer. Gee, I thought every 6 months was a killer!
They tell me now that my intestine is adjusting to my new stomach and will learn to adapt, causing me to gain a few pounds because the whole system is becoming more efficient. So, I have to watch out for that and not get discouraged, and not let it win.
I can do that.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, welcome to the official AFTER LIFE.

The honeymoon is officially over, baby. Now is when the rubber meets the road and you are forced to keep it off like every body else does!

I've said it a million times: Maintenance is the great equalizer! It doesn't matter how you got here, what matters is how you STAY here.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

http://gastricbypassbarbie.com/2010/01/the-honeymoons-over/

Lee said...

Anyone else reading this blog should check out Cari's website. She is a very positive WLS with lots of great insight and some recipes too.
Enjoy.