January 20, 2010

Blood

I donated 13 tubes of blood to keep some technician employed this past week.
I will get results from the tests on the 25th.
I already wrote about the Bariatric surgeon visit I think.
I also have had some great talks with a counselor and got some neat tips about what to expect over the next year or so.
It seems that the information is held back until I am ready for it. I usually like to get all of the information upfront, but I've found that I have a bit more patience recently, which is probably from my WLS.
I can bend more, and do more, and I'm not so worn out from when I was fat. That makes a real difference in how I deal with things now.
You should notice these changes as you progress through your WL.
I bought a loaf of Gluten free bread two days ago. It tastes horrible, but I had a craving for bread, and this fills that need. It is all natural, but doesn't use wheat as it's base. rather, it uses flax seed, and rice. It also has nuts and other stuff in it. It looks like bread, but doesn't even come close to tasting like it. The consistency is sort of slimy too, so I won't buy it again.
My craving has been satisfied with two slices. I will try some with peanut butter tomorrow. It will replace a meal. I can also put tuna on it. Since the slice is much smaller than a regular piece of bread, it will fill me up nicely.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

It's interesting, Lee. I find myself with similar reactions. I'm a LOT happier now, and it shows in my reactions. I don't get as impatient with bad service anymore. I just have a lot of patience. The ability to enjoy life has increased 100 fold. Part of that was my knee surgery. I was always in pain. However, now I also have lost so much weight that I'm just overweight. I only have about sixty pounds or so to go to get to where I would like to be. That's a great feeling. Hope your wife is feeling okay.