April 16, 2010

Cut ties!

Last night, I wrote a letter resigning from the support group steering committee and I told the WLS team that I probably won't be coming to support group meetings anymore.
I had taken a break because of my wife, but my missing the meetings allowed me to process information and make my decision more clearly.
I think the meetings served me well, and were needed up until now.
The problem I have is that I stopped being counselled and started counseling others.
I needed to sit and ask questions based upon my current progress. Instead, I ended up being asked the questions.
At this time in my life, I don't have the answers, or should I say, I don't have the energy to supply the answers.
So, I will re-adjust my life to get my answers elsewhere.
I have a counselor who is helping me to find a support system better suited to my needs, and this is just another step in my progress.
My wife is still taking the majority of my time and effort, but I will not give up my weight loss goals which will be reached within the next year, and continue for life.
This blog receives good feedback from folks both local and farther away, and I am trying to expand it a bit so I can receive even more feedback.
I admit that some of my posts have been repetitive, but I have very limited time right now.
Some of my goals for the near future involve much more physical activity, and a change of location at least for part of the year.
I look back at one of my goals and I still think about doing it anyway, even though I am forced to be very frugal until things resolve themselves financially. That goal is:
Buy a season pass to Hershey Park which is about 30 minutes away. That way, I can spend my time walking and watching people. I will take my camera along and take pictures, and get to know every part of the park.
I've had this dream to build my own amusement park, but never had the team to help me do it. I would need designers to make my ideas a reality, and business people to secure the funding for the build. I would need to buy the land, and so many other things. It would be fun and hard work at the same time. But, it would be nothing like the parks that are out there today.
I've been to a few amusement parks in my time, and have seen one that came close, but so far, I'm unique.
Going to Hershey would be fun and a learning experience. I would be surrounded by people and get my exercise all at the same time.
Oh well, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

You are unique! And that is good.
The walk away from the support situation is good, because your needs have changed. Hershey sounds like a great idea.

Lee said...

Hershey, Great Adventure in Jersey, Disney World! Oh what I would give to go to Disney World and be able to wander the grounds day after day.
I want to do the same thing in Las Vegas. I had one day to see it all and that wasn't enough time. I want to go back.
There are so many places I want to see. Israel is another place. I would love to be the guy who stands up and says "enough!" to the fighting there, and finally stops it all.
I want to walk through California before it falls into the ocean too.