September 27, 2010

evolution




At this point in my blog, I have come to realize that my life is no longer all about food.
It's no longer about bariatrics, or weight loss surgery. It's no longer about any of that.
But, it is all about life again because of the things listed above.
I lost weight because of the surgery, the bariatric team, and my commitment to losing the weight and keeping it off.
Now, my life is about my health, and happiness.
It's about what I am going to do from here on out to the end.
What a change in my way of thinking.

In order for anyone reading this to find out more about WLS, etc. from this blog, you will have to go back in the archives and read from the beginning about my journey.
I have taken this blog as far as I want. From here on out, bariatrics is no longer the whole story.
I need to start another blog that will allow me to branch out and say what I think about other things.
I started this blog to help myself and others to understand a little of what I went through.
Now, I am ready to move on.
I won't ever forget that I have a stomach the size of a Jalapeno pepper.
I won't ever forget that I can screw up and ruin it all.
But, I don't need to write about it anymore.
I'll let others talk about bariatrics.
I'm evolving.



3 comments:

Larraine said...

Interesting! That's the way I've been feeling lately.

Lee said...

Maybe it's the season, Larraine, I don't know.
I think maybe everyone has to leave the nest sooner or later, and this is our time.
I feel like I can do this pretty much on my own now.
I will still stay in touch just in case I start slipping, but I still have a ways to go with the weight loss. It's hard to sort things out since my wife got sick and died. What is it I'm feeling because of that, and what is actually not part of those feelings?
Either way, I will start writing about other things in my life.

Donna said...

Lee, you have so much going on in your life now, and this past year or 2 does play a part of that, but is no longer the whole story. I believe you have been ready to move forward for a while, but while Donna was still physically on this earth you were really in limbo. Your grief journey began a while ago, probably when you realized that Donna was never returning home. The stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance, are a generally recognized process that people go through at their own pace, in whatever order works for them. I don't know that they fully cover what we feel. One gift my mother gave me when my brother died at age 18 in a work accident (I was 13) was that I did not have to conform to anyone else's expectation of how to process my loss - no judgement. I hope that your family does the same for you.

May your steps take you to good places and good people. May you find joy and peace in the rest of your journey.