December 2, 2010

Arrrgghhh

I asked my son's friend to enclose my porch using insulated walls last week. He showed up yesterday and since my son has a bad back, I went along with him to Home Depot to get supplies.
  • 33 2x4s of two different lengths
  • 8 sheets of R1-11 siding panels
  • Various pieces of hardware to complete the task
I was planning on continuing the priming/painting work,but old age crept in.
I felt as if I was getting the flu last night. I was sore and achy and cold.
The outside temperature has dropped and it rained most of yesterday, so I imagine the humidity had something to do with it. Some of the kids on my bus are sick, so I thought I was catching something.
Anyway, I took a tylenol caplet and broke it apart and took it with a sip.
About an hour later, I started to warm up and feel better. So, it's not a bug, it's just old age. I think I'd rather have the bug.At least with the bug, I would get over it. Can't do that with old age.
This morning, I went back to Home Depot to pick up more supplies. I have a sore shoulder now, but have more tylenol in the cabinet should I need it.
I didn't get any painting done last night but I did manage to set things up for when I do get started. I slept well.
I can't imagine what will happen when I finally get back to a full time job. My energy level is fine, but my endurance is terrible. I fizzle easily.
Life is still good. I am not complaining, rather, I am just writing down my thoughts in case anyone is interested.



2 comments:

Larraine said...

Old age sucks. At least there are some compensations. At least you're not spending your old age being grossly obese anymore. Neither am I. Cheers, Lee!

Lee said...

Oh, it sometimes feels good to complain, just because I'm still alive and can complain.
But the one thing I can't complain about, is that overall, I feel alive. I feel good.
I am wasting less and less time, Larraine because I have more energy than I had 10 years ago. But, I don't have more energy than I had 20 years ago, LOL!