February 20, 2011

Almost there!

  1. I'm fighting with myself to succeed. I did have one person try to get me to do something I didn't want to do yesterday, and I refused with dignity. I don't do that too often, but I'm going to start to do it more because it's time for me to stand up and do what I think needs to be done, right or wrong.
  2. I realized yesterday that the work I am doing to this home will probably be enjoyed by someone else but me. I am going to lose the house unless I can come up with an income of at least $25k per year. I don't have that now, and really never did. I have always had a double income, with my wife being the main breadwinner because she had the degree. I stayed home to take care of things here. I prefer to do that now, but it looks like I will have to change. I'm at the beginning of my thought process here, so stay tuned. I will get there.
I am almost finished reading a book I wrote about earlier (Four hour work week). I thought the book was a waste of time, but it actually has some relevance to my situation. If I can overcome the deceit suggested in it, I may be able to use some of the information there.

This 4 day weekend was productive for me. In addition to all the physical labor I did on the house, I also kept to my diet, and got in a few 3 mile walks. I also found out how tired I was.
I left for Baltimore last night. I was going to go hear a friend's band, and before I got to York, I realized I would never make it down and back on my own. I was too tired.
So, I came home and hit the sack at 9pm. I slept until 7am this morning. I am still tired, but there is a difference in my attitude. I feel better mentally.

I am almost finished with the taxes. I am trying to do it myself. The death of my wife made it very confusing. For those of you who have money with lots of investments, you are probably used to all the variations of the government trying to steal your hard earned money. For me, it's just a matter of survival.

Regardless of all this, I am still moving forward. Right now, I am not making enough money to live, and I have to do something about it, as I've written about many times.

  • I could just give up and collect welfare.
Do you know how tempting that is?
I can qualify for food stamps, financial assistance, and next year's taxes would be oh so easy, because I wouldn't have to pay them because my income is below the poverty level.
I can also qualify for assistance with my energy costs, like gas and electricity, and they will even come out and install new windows, insulation, and other stuff for free!

To me, that sucks!
No way would I drop down to that level. Why should you have to pay for me to live here?

Stay tuned, I'll write more another time. The journey continues....

2 comments:

momzblotter said...

great blog, can you be a follower on mine www.roof-detective.blogspot.com, thanks

Lee said...

Welcome to the Monkey House, Momz!
This blog has been more of an exercise for venting recently, but it started out as a guide so that other could see the journey I took after my gastric bypass surgery.
God has his plans, and they don't seem to be at all what I had in mind.
So, feel free to follow along and make any comments you want.