February 24, 2011

Progress

I think I've lost a few pounds because I am walking more and have cut back on eating as much. I'm coming out of the seasonal depression by getting more sun, and things seem to be improving a bit.
I had another guitarist come over last night to audition for my duo. I don't think we will be a good fit although I did like him. He plays as well as most of the musicians in the area. I was kind of hoping I would find someone who would play better than me, forcing me to work harder.
He has a good singing voice, but we didn't have time to try harmony.

I am going to the tax preparer tomorrow morning. I worked on the taxes myself online for the past two weeks without resolution to my problems. The terms they are using don't mean anything to me, so I gave up and will pay someone to do it this year.
Hopefully next year will be easier.

I have been watching Showtime series on Netflix for relaxation the past week or so. I finished Battlestar Gallatica, and am waiting for a few extra pieces only available by DVD or Blu Ray to arrive. In the meantime, I have Toy Story 2 and 3 to watch the next time I fire up the machine. These shows and movies are a great escape for me as well as a learning experience.

I keep forgetting that there are varied ideas out there, and not just the PA Dutch way of doing things. It is soooo plain here it's not even funny. I need some Tabasco!

I love my polartec long johns, and my wool blend socks. I really love the shoes I bought from LL Bean. My body has never been warmer in the winter! They have helped me to get outside more and exercise. I really hate the treadmill and other stationary machines. It's a shame I don't have the energy to work on a farm doing real exercise.

It's going to rain tonight into tomorrow, so other than my trip to the tax prep, and driving the school bus, I'm going to stay in and work on the paint for the back bedroom.

No comments: