March 25, 2011

ZZZZZZzzzzzz

I've had an entire week of feeling too tired to do much.
I have done things. I took several 2+ mile walks.
I've gathered trash, and done paperwork.
I've kept the house clean.
I went to a new supermarket to see what they have.
I've had an evening of friendship and prayer.

Yesterday, after a 2 mile walk, I came home, ate, and then took a nap because I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Last night, I took another nap at 6pm.
I slept for about 45 minutes the first nap, and an hour for the second.
I went to bed at my normal time and slept through the night.
I feel a bit tired this morning, but have vowed to get something done today.

I could blame the fatigue on the "magic" blanket, but I feel as if it has been helping me. Other than the dreams it has been causing, it feels comfortable on my skin. It is instantly warm, rather than initially cold as the goose down blanket is. This is one of the reasons I never liked top sheets. They feel cold initially before they adjust to body temperature. The crocheted blanket is made from more natural materials. I don't know if it's wool, or some blend, but I like it.

I've started to increase my protein intake through protein bars I've found online. They are made by "Pure Protein" and have a variety of flavors, all good. I've been buying them by the case at BJs, but they were out of them when I last went there. Also, BJs has limited their selection to just one flavor.
The protein bar has 200 calories and only 2% sugar, so it's well within my dietary limits. You can't tell that it's so low in sugar, it tastes much sweeter.

I've also started to increase my liquid intake also. I am drinking an extra quart bottle of crystal lite every night before bed. It doesn't make me have to pee in the middle of the night and satisfies my need of wanting something to eat or drink while watching TV or winding down the day.

So, I've left some things go this week, but it seems I needed the time off. I am so lucky to be able to have the time to rest when I need it. Society today throws so much stress out there, that if I were working full time, I'd probably drop over right now. I would feel guilty taking a day off, but I'm able to drive the bus and still find time to rest when I need, and work when I have to.

Thank God for the break.

I am writing this to tell you that I went back in and edited this entry tonight. It seems I really am tired and had some blaring/glaring mistakes. I don't know what my fatigue is from, but I am fighting through it. I still have to pace myself in order to be a safe school bus driver.
OK, now for the next entry....

No comments: