March 27, 2011

Sunday night before the new week.

The so-called stress that we have here in this country could be a good excuse for me to blame my fatigue.
All the pressures of life the past year could be responsible.
I don't really think it is a physical cause, other than the fact that I've gained a few pounds from not getting my exercise or eating properly.
I am not going back to the old habits. I just have not been as strict.
Last week, I walked about 12 miles total, which is more than I have in a long time. My feet were actually sore.
This next week, I'm hoping for warmer weather and more energy because I want to walk more.
I have some things I really want to finish, and some that I really want to start.
I listed a bunch of stuff on craigslist and even managed to sell them too. I shipped one item out today and will deliver another item next weekend.
  • I dragged the back bedroom carpet out to the enclosed porch. I went out there today and boy did it reek! I'm going to drag it down to the curb and hope someone takes it, or maybe the trash men will take pity on me.
  • I went to find a box to fit the item I shipped and realized I have way too many empty boxes in the basement. I have a ton of stuff up here that I should either throw out, sell or box, so I will start to blend the items together, the boxes and the junk.
  • I have to organize an area where I can write down lyrics that are going through my head. I have a place to play my guitar and sing, but nowhere to write. I learn songs by listening to someone else doing them. I learn the lyrics by writing them down and singing them over and over. I learn the chords by hearing them in my head. But, I've been having problems remembering as well as I used to, so it's becoming a real chore.
  • I am going to separate my laptop from my IMAC so I can use it other places. I plan to take it with me when I take drives so I can stop and write things down. I tried using a hand held recorder, but that doesn't work with me.
  • And of course, I have the things from the previous blog to accomplish. I believe they are all related, and I also believe that they will all come together soon.


In talking with a friend this weekend, I was surprised to hear them say that they have trouble getting things done when they are alone. They say they also let things sit sometimes because they just don't feel like doing it.
It's funny, but just them saying that to me without being prompted, made me feel better. I thought I was the only one who couldn't get things finished.
Because I heard this from someone else, I will be able to work harder now and get more done. That's just the way I am.

This weekend, I asked someone out on a date. I didn't mean to, but I did. This blog is about me. It is in no way a reflection of the lady's response. She said "OK". I've never met this woman. I only know her through Face book, but I like what I see. Do I have to put in all kinds of disclaimers here? I read her comments, I see pictures of her and her family. I see her profile, and I like what I see.
I have thought about asking other women out, but don't think it is appropriate through Face book. Or at least, I didn't.
I'm not sure it's such a good idea for me to start "dating" again so soon after my wife's death, but I have to start sometime. If it doesn't work out, that's fine, as long as I don't run out of the place screaming, things should be OK.

So, next weekend will be a mini vacation for me. I am going to try to book a room halfway between here and my destination on the return trip. I will look for a place to relax, but may just grab a place that allows me to carry my laptop and write.
Let's see what happens.

2 comments:

Larraine said...

Lee, you are so funny! I have done similar things with cell phones. It's amazing how your brain wants to do its own thing. Well, maybe Donna is trying to tell you something after all. Perhaps this was not the right woman. Why Virginia? Aren't there enough women in PA to make you happy? Just kidding! Glad to see you are doing well. I wish I could say the same right now.

Lee said...

Larraine. I am obsessed with planning, and being organized. I hate being late. I hate not being prepared.
So, this is not typical for me.
If I am going to screw up, I want to be the one to screw up. I don't need my dearly departed wife coming back just to knock the pen out of my hand. I can do that all by myself.
To me, this series of "errors" are proof of life after death.
:) It's just not my fault! Really it isn't! Nope, not my fault....