March 31, 2011

Pilgrims

There are times over the years where I have had trouble understanding a situation and no one was there willing to explain it to me.
It was either because I had never seen the situation before, or I just didn't pay attention.
I always felt that the only way to learn something was to experience it, and then read the instructions to re-enforce things. That way, I actually learned something and remembered it later.
I think I have used that many times over the years to help other to understand what is happening when they might not have gotten a full view of something.
I tend to over explain things,a nd I do it on as simple a level as I can, just in case someone is not up to par.
Einstein talked about this, and someone actually wrote it down. He said something to the effect that if someone had a theory, they should also be able to explain it so that almost anyone could understand it. The people didn't have to be mathematicians, but at least they could have a grasp of the theory.
I've found that many people my age go back in their mind to the past, particularly that time when they were teens and had lots of peers and friends that they left behind because they were leaving the nest and starting their lives.
So, a few years ago when the internet was younger, I started my search for closure. I thought about people from back then that I lost touch with and through research, found them again.
I have found all but a very few and have touched base at the very least, and actually spoken with them.
I have been able to understand some of what I missed back then, and filled in enough of the holes in my past that bothered me so much. I have done the same for others who have asked, and even done it with some who didn't ask.
I wrote long letters to many of them.
I feel as if I have done what I can to close up the holes in my heart, and finally start to move on.
But those people, and those times will always be the best time of my life. I will always go back there in my mind and dream about what we did and said, what we felt, and what we experienced together.
Listen to this song and you'll know what I mean. Henry Mancini wrote it. The Carpenters perform it.

Life is Good!
Sometimes

No comments: