June 17, 2011

YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW

The bike in front of me has a dog all decked out and riding with him. I see lots of neat stuff like this!
This little girl made it a priority to come to the back of the bus every day she rode just so she could wave to me.

My last school bus driving day was yesterday. I finished up before 10:00am, and came home expecting to hit the road running.
Wrong!
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!
I wanted to do stuff, but I was so tired, it wasn't funny. I took a nap, ate high protein all day, and drank lots of liquid.
Then, I looked at my iron pills and realized they expired last year.
Who knows? Maybe that was why? Who knows?

Sigh....

I'm so tired of being so tired.

I found out yesterday that the team at Lancaster General is abandoning the office one by one. The guy who was giving me diet, vitamin, and mineral information is going over to the new practice. This is great because the guys knows what he is doing. The bad thing is that I will have to wait until they get settled before being able to go there myself.
I am still due for blood work, but if I get it now, I don't know if I will be able to get the results as well as be able to transfer the information over to the new practice.
I am patient, but this is not a great time for me to have to wait.
Anyway, today, I feel better.
Since I woke up at 7:30am (I'm usually up at 5!), I have done a lot of things.
  • I was able to boil 7 eggs so I can eat them with salads of my choice.
  • I am running the sheets and another load of clothing through the wash.
  • I listened to Ten Years After "Undead" album. I have been listening to old LPs for about two weeks now. Some of them, I've never heard before. I am able to work while listening. I am also trying to find songs I want to sing and play.
  • I went through songs on my old computer (I have about 14,000 songs) to try to find songs I've never done before but are well enough known that people will identify with them and want to listen. I picked out 19 songs, recorded them to disc, transferred them to my IMAC. Then, I went online and copied lyrics. I transferred them to the word processing program, saved, and printed them.
  • I have relative pitch (not perfect pitch) and am able to hear most of the chords. Over the years, I've played thousands of songs and know the chord structures and patterns to look for. I can usually figure out the exact chord the original song used so I can duplicate the sound.
  • I found and brought up an old toaster oven. I cleaned it up in order to use it instead of the oven. No need to overheat the house or use the large oven for one small meal. I will be planning some casseroles in the future and hope to be able to fill my freezer with great tasting/healthy food. For now, I did a little pizza. Yes, I cheat once in awhile.
This afternoon and evening:
  • I will try to take a walk. I've been having a tough time leaving the house. I will force myself.
  • I will finish up the wash and put fresh sheets and pillowcases on the bed.
  • I will play my guitar. I want to work on some of the songs I printed. I may have to start up the AC. It's getting kind of humid in here.
  • I want to clear out the master bedroom. I've been packing some things that I want to organize, re-box, and get to the basement shelving.
Tomorrow:
  • I will cut the lawn in the morning if it isn't too wet.
  • I will try to take a drive to get away from the house for a bit.
I think I have been over thinking things recently. My mind is working overtime, and I wake up (still) in the middle of the night with all these horrible thoughts of the things I have to do but don't have time to do. I am overwhelmed and have to work through it.

Let's see what happens....

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Hi, Lee! The day to day stuff sucks sometimes doesn't it? I was really tired yesterday. In fact, I felt so tired that I felt light headed. Bob has a blood pressure cuff because he is diabetic, and his doctor told him he should check his blood pressure regularly. So I checked mine. It was normal - 122/57 although the bottom number generally isn't that low. It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy with your music. Good for you. I'm hoping to get back to work soon. My surgeon is going back to the other office in Frederick, Md. They took on a couple of new doctors for the Harford County location. I imagine that going back and forth from Frederick was getting old. I will be seeing him one more time next week. He's such a great guy. My 3 yrs is up in November so I don't know if I can continue to go back there unless I pay them another $1000. We'll see. I am enjoying reading about your day to day goings on. Take care!