September 5, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night!






Tropical storm, Lee, never made it to become a hurricane.
It's legacy will be large amounts of rain along with tornadoes.
It's interesting that everyone is referring to the hurricane in the male, rather than the female.
We are dealing with the rain from Lee as I write this.

I started and stopped taking Crestor this past week. I started at the suggestion of my family doctor as well as my surgeon, and stopped after I was unable to stand up after squatting to pick something up. The pain in my joints, knees, and fingers was intense after only a week and a half.
Never again will I take any statin.

I was able to do the car cruise this past Saturday, but wasn't much good for anything after that. I did have fun, however, playing all 50's and 60's music as a DJ, and seeing the great collection of cars. We had a 40 foot large blow up screen playing American Graffiti after the sun went down.

I downloaded a trial copy of a songwriting program to maybe help me to get unstuck and finally write a song. I have no ideas in my head right now. They are all buried deep down inside waiting for me to find my muse to help bring it out. If I can't write something using that program, I should hang it up completely and never think about writing again. I know that I can do it, so stand back and watch me work!

I decided to clean out my closet in the bedroom as well as the rest of the room. I will clear out the clutter, and pack stuff away.

My goal this fall will be to close up the back bedroom. I want to be able to close the door for the winter and not use the room for anything. I may buy some carpet or maybe the fake wood flooring, or I may not.

I want to set up one area of the house for my music. I want to get all my stuff in one area so I can sell off what I don't need, and catalog what I do so I know where they are. I have plenty of containers for storage, and I finally want to get organized and label everything.

I found out that if I am busy working, I don't eat as often. That seems like a pretty stupid thing for me to not know, but I really didn't notice before. I will start to use that to eat more healthy with less grazing in order to take off a few more pounds over the fall and winter. The less time I spend in the house doing nothing, the less I eat.

I started driving the school bus again. My mornings are pretty much the same as last year. I have to write up a turn by turn sheet so I can take off a day or so now and then. I had a perfect year last year. I have done that for many years with only a few days off over the years.
My afternoons are much longer. I have to take a second trip up to Lititz due to the hours of the one school. The last student goes all the way to the southern end of the county and I get home around 5:30 instead of the 4:00 I used to do. I don't mind, but I have to watch what I drink so I don't have to stop for a bathroom break.

I readjusted my protein bars, eliminating my need for carrying the sucrose pills. The protein bar has a little more sugar in it than my old bar, and if I eat it while walking, I don't get the blood sugar drop that I had before.
In the meantime, the rain keeps coming down.

No comments: