January 2, 2012

New Year revolution?

I am trying to decide whether it would be worth my time and energy to start a new blog.
I'm trying to limit this blog to the subject of weight loss surgery, but as you can read, that hasn't happened in the past year or two. You can go back to the archives to see why I started this blog. It was a selfish move on my part. I really thought I had something to offer, and I did.
But now, I no longer feel like a weight loss surgery patient. I have gone through so much change that it's time to wean myself from this blog and start something new.
The problem is that most blogs concentrate on one subject. I feel like a politician sometimes: You know, when a reporter asks a politician a question, and they go off on some tangent and say what they want, rather than staying on topic?

Being eclectic in my thoughts and wanting to write them down here messes up the original purpose of this particular blog.

Is there such thing as a catch all type of blog, where I can just say what's on my mind? I'm sure there is something like that.

I may come back here once in awhile because I am still a WLS patient, even if I don't feel like it anymore.

I'll set up a reference to my new blog here in case you want to cruise over and see what's on my mind. I can promise nothing at this point.

I use this blog for a number of reasons, many of them as a way of procrastinating from doing some of the things I should be doing instead.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Larraine said...

I started mine as a WLS blog, but it has blossomed into something else. Not sure what yet! Looking forward to your new one.