October 28, 2008

Food on my mind

Are you creative with food?
I am. I am used to forgetting stuff at the market, so I make things up as I go.
This time, I ran out of cubed tomatoes. I have plenty of stewed tomatoes, but would like a variety of stuff in my Chili. So, I will start to think about it, and either go out after work and get the tomatoes I need, or deal with what I have.
Since this is a long cooking process, if I get it started right after work (about 4:15pm), I should be able to turn it off in a finished manner by 9 tonight. I can let it sit all night on warm only setting, or just shut it down and let it cool until I have the time tomorrow morning to shovel it into containers.
That's one of the great things about ensemble foods like this. I can eat it whenever I want by heating up the leftovers in smaller containers. It covers my protein, veggies/fruits (what are tomatoes anyway?) liquid, etc. all in one.
The wind is blowing like a hurricane right now. I have to head out in a few minutes for my afternoon run, so I will set my mind on the problem and have it solved by the time I get home.

No comments: