November 9, 2008

Ok, maybe a few words.....

www.dpcustom.com
So, the first picture is a guitar I had designed for me by Dave Pushic. He is a master builder and I picked out the woods, electronics and general layout of the instrument. Dave sent me pictures and drawings, and asked many questions.
The guitar here is a 6 string solid body with a "purpleheart" topcap. The body and neck are carved from one piece of maple. The fretboard is Pau Ferro. The electronics are Bartoloni and set to more of a jazz tone, but the guitar can and does scream when I want it to.
The neck is shaped in a "D" and it takes some getting used to playing.
All of the hardware is gold plated, and there is not one piece of plastic anywhere on it!
Cost? If you have to ask.....
Someday, I hope to play the guitar for real. Right now, I am scared to death of it. It is sooo pretty!

http://www.tedweber.com/
A few years back, my good friends talked me into buying and trying to build my own tube amplifier. I looked back at my youth and decided I always liked my old Fender Vibrolux the best. So, I went to the Weber website, and ordered a 6A20HP amp. Now, this is also a pick and choose, custom style amp. I chose Levant Purple for the tolex covering. I chose a black grill cloth because it blended well. I also bought "beam" blockers for the speakers.
I had choices for speaker size, and all the insides of the amp from tubes to capacitors. I thought I could read about this and learn it. I was wrong!
I did pick up some very useful information, but I also found out that I was not cut out to build my own amps. So, I enlisted the services of another good friend, and he helped me build it. Or, should I just say he built it for me?
Anyway, he ran into some problems and was able to upgrade the insides with parts that he was using to build another amp for a well known country band. I won't mention them here, because they might try to take back their stuff.
The amp is perfect now, and someday, I hope to play it. But, I am scared to death of it!
If you want to know what Beam blockers are, just ask me.

Ah, my 1997 Honda Helix! I bought this bike used. It looks like a scooter, but it is actually a very fast touring scooter. It will go as fast as 75 mph, and it gets roughly 65mpg. It has a 250cc motor, and is fully automatic. The transmission is called CVT, which means there is no shifting. If you've never ridden on a bike like this, let me know, and I'll make arrangements for you to ride with me sometime.
I just had the engine rebuilt and still need a few parts, but I am broke for the time being and the bike rides fine without them. I will replace those parts next summer. I ride all year round except in snow or rain. It is very relaxing to me.

Next, we have my 2006 Honda Metropolitan. I have this scooter up for sale for $1200.00 in case you're interested. This scooter has a 49cc motor and gets roughly 100mpg. It has a top speed of 38mph, and also has a CVT transmission. It is a blast to ride. I bought it for my son and he was supposed to pay me for it, but he didn't, so I have it for sale now. Please buy it so I can afford to buy more food. $1200.00 will feed me for a year!

At the bottom of the pictures is my Fender Player's Stratocaster. This is a very good Mexican made guitar with gold hardware, and lots of (ugh) plastic. I replaced 2 of the controls with gold knobs, and I added some other modifications that don't change it's sound. This guitar plays easily, and sounds great. It's not as nice as my DP custom, but then again, it's not as expensive either.

Over the past 4 years or so, I've bought and sold my guitars, basses, amps, and accessories with the intention of either buying new stuff to inspire me, or giving up on music altogether. I was going to give up because I was too fat. I couldn't play the guitar because it was tilted over my belly and I couldn't stand up long enough to play.
Baritric now allows me to play again. I am scared to death that I will explode from emotions I haven't felt since I was 18. Whew!
Did I show you my other amps? No, well write to me and maybe I will.

No comments: