November 15, 2008

New links

All of the links here are on my sidebar under links. Enjoy!

From time to time, I will add links and try to remember to explain them a bit and why they are here.
Some of them may not seem to be relevant to Bariatric Surgery, but they are to the Post people.
For example:

www.ilike2rock.net

I have started to clean up my life. I need a few things for my brain and general sanity. One of them is new music.
ilike2rock.net is a site that has all indie artists. Once you register, you can access and critique various new bands and artists. These people are all trying to make a name for themselves. There are many different venues.
The site was created by a friend here in Lancaster County, who has been trying to help promote new artists for a few years.
If you go there, check out "Project 43". This is a group of musicians, who have NEVER met! They probably never will. They are from all over the world. They play together using the new technology. Amazing.
ilike2rock.net allows me the escape when I need to concentrate on something more enjoyable. When I am too tired to do anything else, or when I need to know there is so much more in this world than lying/cheating politicians.

www.pandora.com

Register, sign in, and type in the artist or song you want to hear, and pandora will play that song/artist, and then continue to play song in that genre. You can rate the songs, and add as many "stations" as you want. I listed 20 artsts I like from various genres, and then combined them into a random list. Then, while I am cleaning the house, or exercising, I can listen to the music. You can ban songs so you don't have to listen to anything you don't like. And, it doesn't get upset if you quit in the middle.

When you are stuck, and just can't seem to walk away from the computer, click on the link "This is the end". Nuff said......

No comments: