November 11, 2008

Where am I in the journey?

So, you ask, where am I in my "quest"?
I call it a quest, rather than a journey. It will become a journey for me when I reach my goal. I am not sure there will be an exact day or time that I reach this goal, and it probably won't be the magic number of 155 that I have in mind, but it will be a very important time in my life. But, I digress.....
I started this quest by praying for a solution to my problem. I wrote something about it in another part of this blog, so feel free to find it and read it.
305+ was my starting number. That is, I weighed 305 pounds, plus. My scale at home read "EE" above 300, and I was only weighed once at the doctor's office during that time,and it was 305 or thereabouts.
I am now 231 pounds.
Waist, from 52+ to 42 inches. My waist is actually smaller than that, but the fat around my middle makes me look funny if I dropped my pants down to my waist. If you are fat, then you know what I mean. If not, I hope you never find out. Stay thin, or call me and I might drop my pants so you can see. Not too pretty!
My neck went from 18.5 to 15. I have a bit of sag, but I will live with that.
Other dimensions have dropped dramatically too.
The most interesting loss to me, and one that you might not think about, are my shoe size. I lost weight in my feet! My shoes are getting baggy.
People are starting to look at me. Up to this point, I have been almost invisible. That is, most people don't realize it, but they don't see fat people. They don't look at me directly, unless they know me. Once you get to know someone, you tend to see them for who they are, not what they are covered up with. In my case, that was fat.
Why was I fat? I know the answer to that, but probably won't be posting that here.

No comments: